SummaryThe integration with Slack enables the Presense service to update your Slack presence (available/away) and/or DND state automatically based upon your current availability.
This is very helpful to let people know when you are busy so they don't expect an immediate response when you are tied up.
When your Presense status changes to busy, you can choose if that sets you to Away, enables DND, or does both in Slack. Conversely when you become free, these changes are reverted back. You can always override the status changes Presense makes directly in the Slack client app.
All updates are done through Slack's official API, using a secure mechanism for login such that your password is protected.
ConfigurationSetting up the Presense integration with Slack is extremely easy! In just a few steps, you will be up and running.
- Download the Presense app from the iTunes App Store
- Install Presense and complete the activation process
- Navigate to Settings > Slack Integration
- Tap the "Add to Slack" button
- Indicate the Slack team that the integration should be used with, and provide your Slack username and password accordingly.
- Review and allow permissions when prompted (note: these are the minimal permissions currently available that are required to update your presence effectively).
- You will be returned to the Slack Integration screen which now indicates the team you have authenticated against as well as options to control your Slack presence and/or DND.
We hope you enjoy the integration as much as we do! If you have any problems, please Contact Support.